Designer maker Sally Lees designs and makes limited edition men’s cufflinks in addition to cufflinks for women, bangles,
pendants, bracelets, earrings and rings in her central London studio, Cockpit Arts.
Inspiration comes from nature with orchids and roses drawn to produce semi abstract shapes. Aluminium sheet is decorated by hand with delicate,
intricately printed floral patterns taken from Sally’s original line drawings. After being printed the aluminium is dyed in magnificent colours and takes on an antique
look with mirror like finishes reminiscent of Japanese lacquer.Read more about the Creative Process.
Sally is a member of British Jewellers Association, Association for Contemporary Jewellery and
Craft Central and is featured on the Crafts Council National Directory of Makers
and Cockpit Arts website.
Sally's cufflinks were recently featured in two books: Anodized by Clare Stiles published by Lark Books and Coloured Aluminium Jewellery by Lindsey Mann published by A&C Black
and she is currently exhibiting her jewellery at both the Northern Print Gallery in Newcastle upon Tyne and at the Galanthus Gallery in Herefordshire.
Sally’s stylish men’s collections of cufflinks
have been featured in Wedding Day magazine, Guardian Christmas Gift Guide 2007,
Bristol Magazine and the London Evening Standard in addition to international magazines Grand Magasin (Japan) and Pursuit (South Africa).
See Sally's press list for a full list of press information.
If you are planning your wedding you can search for wedding suppliers in the following links.
Retail shows include:
- Clerkenwell Design Week Festival Market - Clerkenwell 2010
- Desire - Richmond-on-Thames, 2009
- Designer Crafts at Chelsea Town Hall - 2008
- Cockpit Deptford Open Studios, 2008
- Coutts London Jewellery week, 2008
- Treasure at the Tower of London, 2008
- Open Studios Cockpit Arts - Deptford, 2008
- Desire- Richmond-on-Thames, 2008
- Gift - Farnham Maltings, 2007
- The Islington Contemporary Art and Design Fair - London, 2006
- Festival of Crafts - Farnham Maltings, 2006
- British Crafts - Bristol, 2006
- Made For Men- Craft Central, London, 2005 and 2007
- Cockpit Open Studios- Holborn, 2000 - to present day
- East London Design Show - London, 2001 and 2002
- ‘Made In Clerkenwell’ Open Studio events
at Craft Central, 2001 - 2007
- Be Mine, Valentine - Ferrers Gallery, 2008
- Botanica - Royal Birmingham Society of Artists, Birmingham, 2008
- Shades of Red - Royal Exchange Theatre Craft Shop, Manchester, 2007
- Summer Exhibition - The Workshop, Lewes, 2006
- Craft For Men - Shire Hall Gallery, Staffordshire, 2005
- The Beatrice Royal Gallery - Southampton
- The Bluecoat Display Centre Gallery - Liverpool
- The Craft Centre & Design Gallery - Leeds
- John McKellar Designer Jewellery - Hereford
- Valentines exhibition - Pyramid Gallery, York, 2001 & 2002
Trade fairs include:
- International Jewellery London - 2004 to 2007
- Euro Bijoux and Accessories - Menorca - 2004 to 2007
- Clerkenwell Dressed - 2004 to 2006
- Necessary Accessory 3
- London College of Fashion - London
- Euro Bijoux & Accessories International Jewellery Fair
- Madrid, Spain. September 2003
- Earls Court London. May 2003
- Handmade Section at the New York International Gift Fair
- Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York. January 2003
- Designer Gallery at the Euro Bijoux & Accessories
International Jewellery Fair
- Menorca, Spain. 2000 to 2003
- Design Edge Section at the British Craft Trade Fair
- Harrogate. 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2005
- Top Drawer Autumn
- Earls Court. 2000 to 2002
All jewellery is produced by Sally Lees in the United Kingdom.
© Sally Lees 2010.